Autor Wątek: L5R wykupione przez FFG! aka L5R LCG  (Przeczytany 183858 razy)

bigrat

• Ronin
  • toolbox Personality
Odp: L5R wykupione przez FFG!
« Odpowiedź #20 dnia: 2015-09-11, 23:44 »
pdf-y też bym poprosił...

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
    • http://www.rpgi.fora.pl/
« Odpowiedź #21 dnia: 2015-09-11, 23:48 »
Ja pier***** Nie moge dojść do siebie.....

Ja też.

Z FB:

John Zinser As for more info. I would expect very little for a while. We will be closing out the Winter events and getting the piles of data art and info associated with L5R to them. Then they have the not easy decision of what next. From our end AEG is going to work hard to make the last few months we have the game to be fun. We want to help retailers transition and FF have their best chance to grow the Legend.

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/642432661257089024
Ratling • Nonhuman • Tactician • Those Who Wait Tribe

Aramasu

• Mantis Clan
  • toolbox Personality
« Odpowiedź #22 dnia: 2015-09-11, 23:54 »
ja rowniez....

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #23 dnia: 2015-09-11, 23:55 »
Porlon Venerela Escuela release of the playtested TBS, Onyx and RoJ and regular S&M tourney

Dave Laderoute I'll look into what we can release from what would have been upcoming sets. For obvious reasons, we'd need to make sure that the good folks at Fantasy Flight have no issues with this. If there aren't any problems raised over it, we could probably release things as PDFs. Again, though, I'm not promising anything until I get a chance to ensure this is okay with everyone involved.

quas

• Lion Clan
  • eternal Personality
« Odpowiedź #24 dnia: 2015-09-12, 00:02 »
przyłączam sie.

fajnie ze przed sezonem powiedzieli "Ostatni gasi swiatło"
i jak to wplynie na frekwencje koteiowa.

i co bardziej znamienne- Grecja konczy pewna epoke....znowu.
Dyplomata - ktoś, kto potrafi powiedzieć "spierdalaj" w taki sposób, że poczujesz podniecenie w związku ze zbliżającą się wyprawą.

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #25 dnia: 2015-09-12, 00:26 »
Bryan Reese

Warning: Long post about L5R incoming.
As you have likely heard by now, L5R (Legend of the Five Rings) has been sold to Fantasy Flight Games. For anyone who is reading this and does not know what L5R is, it is the game I have been in charge of designing for eight years now. It has now been sold to another company, Fantasy Flight Games (FFG), and so my time as Lead Designer has come to an end. Before I get into a long-winded post about what this means to me, I should say that I will be staying with my current company, AEG, and moving onto work on other game lines. People have been messaging me with their concern and that is very sweet and truly appreciated, so fear not, I will be fine. Thank you for your support.
A quick side note before I continue. This transaction happened after Gen Con. We had plans to shake up L5R at Gen Con and change what Onyx Edition was going to look like. This is why Chris Medico’s speech was pulled from the 20th Anniversary party. It was decided shortly before Gen Con this change was happening, and we didn’t want to discuss an Onyx Edition we knew would not be taking place (in that form). Timing was unfortunate, but we made the best of the situation and felt that having a speech we knew was incorrect was not the best way to proceed forward. Now some thought this meant that L5R was being sold, but I assured people I talked to that in fact L5R was staying with AEG, because there was zero plans for it to go anywhere. Post-Gen Con AEG was approached about this deal and here we are today. For anyone that I assured at Gen Con that L5R was staying with AEG, please know this is an unfortunate coincidence, and I hope you do not feel like you were deceived.
So with that out of the way, here I am, left with a very weird feeling. For 20 years L5R has been my hobby and then my job. Nine years ago I was offered a spot on the Design Team and I took it. A year later, I was promoted to Lead Designer, taking over design of the game and working with an amazing group of people to both design and create this game that I love so much. With that, I am going to go into a super-sized ‪#‎FeelgoodFriday‬ and talk a bit about the people with whom I have the honor to make this game.
Don Eisele is a name you hopefully recognize, but in case you do not, he is the volunteer programmer for AEG, with a heavy focus on L5R. He does a lot of volunteer programming on the back end for AEG making sure things like the Imperial Assembly function properly. He has also run the computers for AEG at Gen Con for many years now. Possibly his greatest accomplishment has been programming the Oracle of the Void. The Oracle of the Void came together because three people had the passion and drive to see it through. I handled cataloging and scanning the cards, Brook Cunningham handled updating the wording and helping to maintain the site, and Don programmed. While L5R is a big game, AEG is a small company, and we simply do not have the resources to pay a programmer for a project like the Oracle. It only came into its existence because of Don’s passion to program it, purely as a volunteer. Even as I write this I remain in awe at the dedication of Don not only to this project, but to AEG. Don is also an expectant father, so congratulations to you sir!
At its heart, L5R’s greatest asset is its story, and for the duration of my tenure as Lead Designer, the story has been molded by the story team headed by Shawn Carman. Many of you know Shawn, but to those who do not, you will never find a more patient, funny, great co-worker no matter how long you look. Professional to the last, Shawn has a quick wit and a gentle soul, playing the role of the southern gentleman perfectly. Shawn, it has been an honor and a privilege working with you these past eight years and, more importantly, to be able to call you friend.
Like the Story Team, the Rules Team has also been headed by one man during my entire tenure, and that man is Roger Giner-Sorolla. Roger is one of those guys that always has something smart to say, no matter the topic. He is as enthralling as he is engaging. He has also worked with a group of fantastic guys on the Rules Team. Alex Jones has been working on the game for about the same amount of time as myself, a dedication rarely seen from a volunteer. Impressive to say the least. Jon Palmer is one of my oldest friends (double entendre) and one of AEG’s longest volunteers in differing capacities. These past few years he has dedicated himself to the Rules Team, but back in the 90s, he judged and helped to run Gen Con, an impressive feat to say the least. Always good natured, Palmer is just a great guy to be around. In more recent years, Ben Higgins has been helping to run Gen Con and volunteering to help AEG on several levels, including the Rules Team. When we set out on our goal to make Ivory Edition a more accessible game for new players, Ben was the first to line up and help move the game to where it needed to go, which was a massive help in this monumental task we were undertaking. The last member of the Rules Team is Brook Cunningham, who has also been volunteering for this game for about the same length of time as myself. Brook is not only our head judge at Gen Con, but also has worked long nights and early mornings to make sure the cards went to print as well worded as possible. He also is one of the main volunteers working on the Oracle of the Void, an invaluable card database resource that the whole L5R world can appreciate. The amount of time Brook put into the game was more than we could ever fairly ask of any person, and yet he did it without ever voicing a complaint. Brook, they don’t get better than you man.
To recount the number of Playtesters I have worked with over the years would be impossible. Hundreds and hundreds and thousands of players have dedicated their time and effort into playtesting this game we all love, making it as balanced and fun as they possibly could. I want to thank you all for your hard work on this game, it truly would be nothing without you. I will pull one man out though for his extraordinary dedication. Chris Braun is one of the few people who can actually claim to have worked on L5R for longer than me, a record I guess I will not get to break. Emotikon smile Chris has been playtesting week in, week out, without almost any interruption for over 10 years now. To say that number out loud is ridiculous, but yet that is what Chris has done. Many people might not realize this, but playtesting is basically a part-time job. Building the deck, cutting out the proxies, meeting together and playing games, and then recording and reporting the results all takes an extraordinary amount of time and effort yet Chris has done so without hesitation since the early 2000s. It is simply remarkable and your dedication will never be forgotten.
We have also had a number of Design Team members over the years and I wish I could personally thank them all rather than an Internet post, but sadly I am constricted by the laws of time and space. To one of the longest running PDT members, Loki, you were always a good contrarian voice. Not many people could stand up to me and tell me I was wrong, but you could, and that is a trait that I highly valued from you on your time with the PDT. The fact that you were really smart helped too. Jeremy Sumerlin, I don’t think we have ever had a PDT member who worked as hard as you did, first as a playtester and then a PDT member. When you started, I don’t think many people knew you from Adam but you worked hard and tirelessly until you were recognized and promoted, reforming the way Playtest was handled. The time, effort, and love you put into this game were beyond compare. Julien Boles, our sole European with Loki’s departure, was always there to give a different take on the game and had some of the most innovative (and broken Emotikon smile ) designs. One of my favorites is the Dragon Monk coming up in Evil Portents. Chris Medico, you were instrumental in making Draft the popular format it has become in Ivory and Twenty Festivals. Your contributions to the game though should not be pigeonholed into just Draft though. Your work on the constructed half of the game, especially the Naga, improved design leaps and bounds over where it was. You are innovative, smart, and I honestly think you created more interesting designs than I did. You, like Loki before you, were also able to stand up and tell me when I was wrong and like Loki, do it in a constructive manner. This is a trait that is really hard to replicate and yet is essential to making L5R the best game it can be. Brandon and Jeff, unfortunately you two were added to the PDT only months ago and thus never got a lot of time to shine on the PDT, but your work on Siege: Clan War made that product the success it is. Simply put, it would not be the product it is if it were not for your dedication to it. Randy, you unfortunately had real life catch up with you, getting married and all, and thus could not remain on the PDT, but the contributions you made while you were here were above reproach. You remained dedicated to the game and positive about it at a time and place where it was often difficult to remain positive when friends around you were negative. You are a top notch human being whose love of Kamalakar is beyond anything I have ever seen. Ornatov, sadly the work you did for the game will never be seen, but you were instrumental in shaping Onyx Edition and making it a product of which we all would have been proud. Beyond that, you remain a good and loyal friend. I can’t wait to see you next week.
On the L5R Team itself, I had the honor of working alongside many great people. John Akey, you my friend were someone always dedicated to his job and making sure that we were apprised as to the player’s reactions to various topics. Dan Dineen, no one has been more dedicated to their job and the company as you. Always a source of positivity, I have been able to count on you to help me through difficult times. Adrian Burton, people have their various complaints with various aspects of L5R, but the one thing almost everyone agreed upon was that the art was second to none and somehow you continued to outdo yourself every set. Dave Laderoute, your time as Brand Lead was unfortunately short, but in that short period of time you were able to engage the players with interactions that they had not seen in years. With such a positive impact in such a short time at the helm, I am certain that the players had great things in store for them; levels of interaction and enjoyment of the brand for which they had been clamoring.
And so ends my long professional run with L5R. As mentioned above, I have been a player for 20 years, and a designer for 9 of those 20. For almost half of the game’s life I have been a designer for it, most of that time being in charge of design. For well over half of my life personally (20 of 34 years) L5R has been my main hobby. I sometimes tease Melissa that if it came down to her or L5R, L5R was here first. Aside from family, there are few people in my life currently that were in my life before L5R. It is a weird feeling writing this post, knowing that yesterday was my last day as Lead Designer. It was a tough day, today is another tough one. But the feeling is bittersweet, with emphasis on the sweet. And who knows, maybe it is time to start competing at the game again. Emotikon smile
People may not be aware of this, but the Senior Vice President of marketing at Fantasy Flight (second in command I believe) is Steve Horvath, and he was instrumental in this purchase. Steve was previously Brand Manager for L5R in the 90s when WotC owned L5R, and in fact was the one who worked the deal to sell L5R back to AEG. 15 years later, he is buying it back. Steve is also a long time fan of L5R and was formerly a player who placed in the Top 4 on the Second Day of Thunder. Steve is also basically a second father to me. Completely by coincidence, Steve was, at one time, the local card shop owner down the street from my house. As that store owner, he is the one who got me into L5R back in 1995 or 96, whenever it was. I was in his card shop 7 days a week from after school got out until the shop closed, and all day on the weekends. During the summer time, I was in there from open to close 7 days a week. I was, and still am, an addict to gaming. For many years he helped to raise me. Emotikon smile We remain close friends even through today and always find time to catch up at Gen Con, Essen, or when he comes back home to Sacramento.
I tell this story to hopefully illustrate to you that L5R is in good hands at FFG. The (at times unhealthy) love I have for L5R was instilled into me by Steve Horvath, the very man who just bought L5R and will now be in charge of making sure L5R is everything it can be at Fantasy Flight. I have the utmost confidence that FFG will keep the love, the passion, the dedication to the brand that we have done here at AEG while being able to put the resources behind the game that L5R truly deserves.
It has been a great 20 years, and I cannot wait to see what the next 20 years brings. UTZ!!!
Bryan Reese
Former L5R CCG Lead Designer

sejmitar

• Lion Clan
  • eternal Personality
  • jestem barmanem na tym forumie
    • http://ccg.webd.pl
« Odpowiedź #26 dnia: 2015-09-12, 00:41 »
Bryan Reese
Former L5R CCG Lead Designer

Za to wypiję :)
Lion Clan • Samurai • Grumble • Unique
Nie ma mnie na forum do czasu premiery L5R CCG.

Ryoga

• Phoenix Clan
  • experienced Personality
  • The Eternal Lost Boy
« Odpowiedź #27 dnia: 2015-09-12, 00:52 »
L5R potrzebowało zmiany, ale nie spodziewałem się aż takiej. Jednak moja decyzja o dropie wraz ze zmianą z Emperor na Ivory okazała się słuszna. No cóż nie zobaczę czy Onyx naprawi co Ivory dla mnie zepsuło. Zobaczę za dwa latka co wymyśli FFG.

I'atz'ek

• Ratling Wanderer
  • temptation Personality
« Odpowiedź #28 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:15 »
Sejmi, co dalej z Chikanem?

PS. Siodło 2016 sie odbędzie, main eventem będzie znany i lubiany DC deckbuilding (roboczo nazwany Supermenem)
Squeek

sejmitar

• Lion Clan
  • eternal Personality
« Odpowiedź #29 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:19 »
A co ma być? Do 2017 niedaleko. A chyba lepiej trzymać wszystkich w jednym znanym miejscu, niż potem szukać się po jakiś fejsach czy webach.

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #30 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:23 »
A co ma być? Do 2017 niedaleko. A chyba lepiej trzymać wszystkich w jednym znanym miejscu, niż potem szukać się po jakiś fejsach czy webach.

\o/

I'atz'ek

• Ratling Wanderer
  • temptation Personality
« Odpowiedź #31 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:23 »

Jak K**** niedaleko. To są 2 lata bez jednej nowek karty!!! Oczywiscie fajnie bedzie jesli chikan się utrzyma. Na pewno będę tu stale zaglądał, ale naprawde widze to w ciemnych barwach...
Keep fingers crossed.

Dzizas, K***, ja Pie****....

Dobranoc
Squeek

LeWho

• Mantis Clan
  • inexperienced Personality
« Odpowiedź #32 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:26 »

Yay! Widzimy się w nowym formacie!

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #33 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:34 »
Hehe, możę wylecą Interrupts i wrócą Reactions? :P

Owszem istnieje ryzyko, że spece FFG coś tam podłubią, potestują i stwierdzą, że ich zdaniem gra jest słaba i nie nadaje się na inwestycję LCG. Duże zależy też od tendencji na rynku, jak przyjmie się AGOT 2.0, jaka przyszłość czeka Conquest i Star Wars? Czy L5R wskoczy w miejsce być może wyciętego wtedy CoC czy LoTR? Za dużo karcianek tego samego typu na pewno nie jest dobre dla wydawcy.

Stąd może wydadzą tylko kilka pudełkowych gierek w świecie L5R, żeby się licencja spłaciła i tyle. Pewien niesmak mogą poczuć też gracze RPG - ci już zupełnie mogą być przybici.

Czy gracze DT:R też mogą być teraz pewni, że Zinser z myślą o swojej spokojnej emeryturze, nie rozpoczał właśnie rozsprzedawania AEG?

LeWho

• Mantis Clan
  • inexperienced Personality
« Odpowiedź #34 dnia: 2015-09-12, 01:36 »
CoC zostanie na 99% skasowane po następnym pudełkowym wydaniu. Co do LotR, ponoć w US sprzedaje się obłędnie dobrze - zajmuje bardzo konkretną niszę - karciankia kooperacyjna/solo i ponoć to wariant solo cieszy się zdecydowanie największą popularnością. Stawiam, że kolejny do wycinki, ale to pewnie właśnie jakoś 2016/2017 będzie Conquest, który przyjął się bardzo, bardzo słabo.

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #35 dnia: 2015-09-12, 02:01 »
Isaac Cynova:‎L5R
13 min ·
Zinser real life storyline decision:
"If Isaac Cynova wins Gencon with Mantis, we sell this shit."
"If James Matthews wins with Phoenix, we will keep it."

;)

I, k..a mać, jest szansa, że zobaczymy jakąś kartę do Legend of the Five Rings po polsku. :D :D :D

Jabbas staje się więc niepokonanym mistrzem świata L5R CCG po wsze czasy. Ciekawe czy uda się zrobić mu tabliczkę na Sword of Champions zanim wyląduje on w piwnicy Zinsera.

sejmitar

• Lion Clan
  • eternal Personality
« Odpowiedź #36 dnia: 2015-09-12, 02:39 »
LOTR gut. Świetna gra.
Conquest fajny. GoT2 zapowiada się też fajnie.

koziu

• Unicorn Clan
  • toolbox Personality
« Odpowiedź #37 dnia: 2015-09-12, 02:55 »
O żesz w mordę... ostatnia rzecz której się spodziewałem.
Dwa lata to w cholerę czasu tak zupełnie bez niczego. A co z tym fantem zrobi FFG? Kto ich tam wie. Tak czy owak LCG - wcale nie jest tańsze a scena turniejowa jakaś taka z natury inna mi się wydaje.
Trzeba budzik ustawić na 2017 ;)
"Jeśli myślisz, że zwycięstwo uczyniło Cię większym, zmierz swój Cień." - przysłowie spartańskie.

kempy

• Quartz Magistrate
  • eternal Personality
  • N /\ M E T /\ K E R
« Odpowiedź #38 dnia: 2015-09-12, 02:56 »
Trzeba budzik ustawić na 2017 ;)

Naga sleep ON!

elendil

• Personality
  • suffer not the witch to live!
« Odpowiedź #39 dnia: 2015-09-12, 02:57 »
Zajebiście!

A ja wczoraj się zastanawiałem za ile opchnąć całą swoją kolekcję... no to już wiem, że mogę nią napalić w piecu :D

FFG robi fajne karcianki. Tylko problem ma z balansem :)

Mam nadzieję, że AEG po pozbyciu się L5R, nie zabije też dopiero co powstałego Doomtowna:Reloaded.

Phoenix Clan Rocker * Grouser * Beerspeaker * Coca-Kolat
"I was Born To Ride" - Isawa Tsuke